Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mariah - My All - Video - Directed By Herb Ritts



Check out this soul stirring music video of Mariah Carey's #1 smash hit My All from her 1997 album Butterfly. Directed by Herb Ritts, legendary fashion photographer and an amazing director. He has compared love and longing to the birth of Venus. See the video to know what I'm talking about.

I spent the afternoon listening to the many different piano versions of My All. Each version is so moving, seems to me that this song transcends just being top 40 material, it moves into the category of amazing music creations. The lyrics, the instrumental and the voice blend together and form what you call a real 'ballad'. This is her story and it could be yours and mine too. Then i moved on to watching the video after so many days and it's so beautiful...The video compliments the song and the emotion behind so well, it becomes a short story..a poem in fact.

Watch the video
Leave comments :)

5 comments:

Small Miracle said...

dunno abt the song, but i wish i had her BODY!! ; )

Small Miracle said...

...and her voice!

Small Miracle said...

...and the money~~

I Wear It Like A Tattoo said...

u have the first one
u cant have the second one
u will have the third one

Small Miracle said...

Bless you!!