Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Old Friend (New Edit)

Old friend...
You haunt me and creep into my dreams
Slowly wander into this placeless place
Into the shadows of my mind i find you
I tried relentlessly to forget yet you linger
I hear words unsaid and the promises unkept
I see smiles we left behind and the worlds we abandoned
You still live there with me despite our untimely end

Old friend...
These memories wont dissipate and the charm wont wane
Though you left long ago you seem right here
Why cant i seem to forget, why does nothing compare
I assumed the storm subsided yet iam swept away
I see your face, but now in such a different way
The chill settles in and its just another lonely day

Old friend...
Do you remember those long evenings, the crescent moon and the city lights?
The incandescent eyes and the warmth of my embrace?
The laughter still echoes in this timeless time where i find you
Do you still hear? or does another friend occupy your mind
Do you ever look back and reminsce...
Do i wander into your thoughts
Do you make believe that iam still around or have you moved on?

Old friend
Every now and then i envision us
I paint pictures of how it could be
I console myself somehow
Time wasnt on my side

Old friend...wherever you may be tonight
Do u still remember?

4 comments:

Small Miracle said...

Hmm...one never forgets. One only learns to forgive one self and the other inorder to move on...

I Wear It Like A Tattoo said...

i agreeeee!!

Swap said...

:) i dont know what to say :) since me an you go a long way....was looking fer traces of our friendship in it.... :) love the way u love friendship havin known u personally :)
p.s.- i just need some coffee now and sade in the background and sit back and read this again :)

chirag said...

hes not a friend! hes a ghost!