Sunday, November 23, 2008

Unrelenting Ghost

Unrelenting ghost, why must you plague me?
Haunt me and never leave me
Your sound is so loud and your touch is like a thousand knives through my skin
As a child you maneuvered me and controlled my every move
You made your presence felt which i just cant erase
Memories that linger and moments i cant forget
Every time i see your face it all comes back to me
Unrelenting ghost, when will you go away?

A colour i cant describe and feelings i cant verbalize
I run to words but they escape me, so easily they leave me
So no one believes me and no one really understands
Maybe i dont realize it myself how you rear your ugly side
Catch me in when iam cornered with thoughts
Hold me when iam captured with visions of yesterday
Unrelenting ghost, you know me very well

A song brings to mind moments left behind
A smell makes you relive days gone by
A face makes you reminisce and little things comes alive
Unrelenting ghost you slowly make your way
So easily you grasp on tight
So effortlessly you hypnotize
Until I'm drowned inside of you

Unrelenting ghost, they will never know who you really are
And i will never be set free till i cast you aside
Unrelenting ghost, i must move on
I must walk away to start all over again

Unrelenting ghost, i hope you will understand
I hope you will realize why i left you behind
Emancipation is all i really need
I hope you will understand.

2 comments:

Shewolf said...

i like the title of your blog, more so the explanation.

I Wear It Like A Tattoo said...

my title is also a song called Like A Tattoo by my favorite artist Sade
do hear her stuff..she is an amazing singer songwriter