Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Never Said Goodbye

I didn’t get a chance to say bye bye
I couldn’t even believe you were gone forever
So quickly everything changed, I stood and watched
Here today and suddenly gone
There was so much to say
A life to live with you, now taken away
I was so little, I was told to be brave
They said time would heal the pain
Yet it hurts till today and no one will ever take your place
Sometimes I crumble inside to see your face, to see you smile again
Sometimes I crave to hear your voice again, to say my name
I wish we could talk, I wish we could go for a long walk
Just a moment in time

But today I see a shining star
I know you watch me everyday
Every time I pray, everywhere
Id give the world to be by your side
But your so far away, in a better place
I hold on to the memories
Smile everytime I think of you
Wish that someday I can join u
Until then this how Id say goodbye

Every night I’d pine to have you back
Lose endless tears in wait; maybe you’d come back
Look at the moon and ask why you even went away
There was no consolation, no logical explanation
Id cry till I fell asleep, morning came and everything was the same
Id imagine how it would be if you were still in the kitchen
If I could run to you everytime I fell
If I could complain to you when bullies made their way
I’d do anything to have you save my day
And comfort me while life goes on
Sometimes i miss you more than words can explain

But today I see a beam in the sky
I know your shining down on me
Everytime I hurt, everytime it pains
You touch my soul and suddenly I’m allright
I’d cross the seven seas to have you back
But you’re a sparkling light in a beautiful place
I hold on to the days we spent together
Smile everytime memories resurface
Wish that someday we can be together
Until then this how id say goodbye

No comments: