Saturday, December 20, 2008

For You & I

I'm fighting the bravest war
Battling the stormy night
You just pass me by and suddenly everything seems alright

My world has caught fire, there's not a soul in sight
Your the only one, my eyes focus on
You just walk right in and i think I'm saved

I question everything, your existence and mine
I cry for you and me, for the things we long to be
You come my way and i see all the answers i was looking for

I fantasize about fairtytales, i rhapsodize and romanticize
I paint pictures of a better life, images of brighter times
You smile and cast your spell, your eyes speak to me
Then i ask myself why I daydream when a dream stands right by my side

We take flight, can this is be real
We are so far away, we have drifted
We enter another time and place
I find this hard to believe, I'm flying through the skies
Is this really happening?

I pinch myself, profusely I bleed, i realize this was all in my mind
My world slowly comes crashing down and i have to carry on
You are but a stranger and you have no clue
You look right through me, you don't even notice me
You walk on by, holding someone else's hands
I dust myself, i look around
I return to where i came from
As lonely as can be

Once again the chill settles in
Its so familiar now to me
I retreat, I walk away
For you and i will never be
For you and i were a story not meant to be told

4 comments:

Oddball said...

hmmmnn ... this one i do like. :)
though the 'hawww' factor comes in there some where. because even though it is about your love/lover/love there are things there that you often say to your friends as well. so . .. haww .. then ok.
:D

p.s : i like the verification code on this one too.. beati

I Wear It Like A Tattoo said...

its always haiku for me
its always short story'esque, poncy.

u know me..its dramatic but thats jus how i feel lol

Oddball said...

yes i know.
you are all about the drama.:D
that's why you are the popular choice. haha

I Wear It Like A Tattoo said...

but lisn u know iam in the middle of a situation
2 loverrrssss (or so i wish) and me
...entangled...FORBIDDEN LOUUUUU

need i say more?
this is a script, PEOPLE!!!