Monday, December 29, 2008

In The Waiting Line - 'Once'



One of the smokiest songs ever made, tranquil and subliminal...it takes me on a trip. Its been a partner through various 'trips' of mine in the past as well. Sophie Barker lends her velvet and hypnotic vocals to this magical song by Zero 7. Everyone needs to fly with this song.

'In The Waiting Line' unfailingly takes me back to days i usually would'nt want to remember and sometimes i desperately try to remember. Maybe I'm in the waiting line for better visions when it comes to this song but lately i do believe that has started happening. This song is breathing into life newer pastures for me, it's transporting me again, turning me into that starry eyed daydreamer that i so efficiently am. Let me do a past and present for the vivid recollections, its been a journey of sorts for me. I relate to the song in a very transcendental way, sometimes i see how we live the lyrics on a daily basis. I lived this so i write:

Once:

As i listen to Sophie Barker, captivatingly reducing me to tears and to relive

'Everyone's saying different things to me
Different things to me
Everyone's saying different things to me'

Its strangely similar to life in general, everyone saying different things, its like a circus gone wrong. All the people are running in different directions as we get locked into a four walled structure. I'm trying to find someone or something but it goes further, i run behind and it moves even faster. I try to catch but i fall and i try to capture but it disappears. Is it all just time or is it really happening? Am i imagining this invisible circus or is it really insane out there. I see myself on endless journeys on highways at sullen hours, i hear myself making promises and not keeping them. I see a haze all around and some people are laughing, that girl is funny, she dances every time Sophie croons. We're on high rise terraces and we rule the world t we believe. We control our own destinies and we choose to leave the world behind and let it run in its twisted course. Black, maybe satin or velvet laced the sky, city lights and limitless boundaries. My eyes are stars and diamonds and we lie beside each other and we tell each other things we wont remember as time will go by. You tell me all these little things and they make me laugh, you used to be so funny and you used to adore me. I adored you.

"Do you believe in what you see
There doesn't seem to be anybody else who agrees with me
Do you believe in what you see
Motionless wheel, Nothing is real
Wasting my time...In the waiting line
Do you believe in what you see"

I did believe in what i saw and nobody did agree with me. Nothing was real and i knew that so very well yet i needed to discover it myself. Did i waste my time? Was i in the waiting line?
I think so.

"Nine to five living lies
Everyday stealing time
Everyone's taking everything they can
Everything they can

I'll shout and I'll scream
But I'd rather not have seen
And I'll hide away for another day"

This is so eerie to me, i do believe this is exactly how it used to be. Living lies and stealing time while everyone around me took everything they could and ran faster while i slowed down so drastically that i came to a halt. It took me so long to start all over again, i shouted,yelped and fought to be blindened and to forget. Finally i hid away for another day.

I live that day today!
Maybe someone else is in the waiting line now

2 comments:

Oddball said...

always in the waiting line..i will read this froferly laychur!
ok.

Oddball said...

you know...
after reading this.. and having heard many songs etc that talk about people living lies and things like that which i always found to be true.
i am now also thinking.. why do we think its a lie to live a life where u have a 9-5. and are not living ur "dream".
Dream is a very personal and relative idea too. dont u think?