Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Perilous Ordeal

Need i spend each day wondering if you know what it feels like for a boy
Pass me by, just trample over an emotion you cant comprehend
Wish there was a way for me to say the things ive concealed for so long
But you just carry on, live each day as it comes with its joys and its pain
You just move in your own grooves, no void i can fill, no space i can occupy
Leaving me behind to make it on my own

You fade into the wind when twilight comes around
You go and disappear, i crumble knowing you may never return
Hide behind the curtains of my mind, seeking solace envisioning your smile
Maybe you will just end up a memory, how could you let me fly by?
What a tragic end to something i deemed epic
You'll never know how i really felt and you'll never hear the stories i had to tell
I wonder if someday it will all come to you
You may tread a forgotten path to find me somewhere in the shadows of the past
But i vanished long ago, i flew away
I left the playground for other boys to play
And you will blame yourself for you were to blind to notice
It was plain to see, to you there was so much i could be
My perilous ordeal

Someday i will creep into your mind and take you back in time
Wander in through a thought and obfuscate your order so you will remember
Maybe you will realize you should have paid more attention
Too much going on in your life
While I struggled with the burden of truth
You took away my youth, flailing towards calmer waters
You were my distant river
You changed your course too many times
And left me frail through my perilous ordeal
My perilous ordeal

All you had to do was give me a moment in your time
A space in your place, a groove in your moves
And i would've followed suit, but you raced on by
You never cared, you left me behind during my perilous ordeal
My perilous ordeal

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are such a waste of talent.
this is good.. but you are sooo much better with your comic stories.
comedy is always better than sappy stuff. especially today. dont you think??

I Wear It Like A Tattoo said...

u have to remind me the funny shit that comes out of my crapper

Oddball said...

i remind ever so offf tunn.. hehe
but u rather sap up than fun down.
if yuh knoe wht i minz