Friday, December 26, 2008

Something About Us....

I'm completely mesmerized by this song, Something About Us by Daft Punk. At times music is the only real form of expression for me and I find questions, answers, solutions and so much more, all through music. This song reverberates the very feelings i conceal, resonating my hidden emotions. It slips me into touching surfaces of thoughts i usually control and stop from running wild. It allows me to let my imagination emancipate itself into unbridled madness, I visualize the sentiment of the song and see myself in the situation the song represents. What freedom a song can give you, its amazing. I drift off into another time where i reside alone and nobody can touch me, i address my emotions the way i wish to regardless of what others would say, despite the outcome not being in my favour (most of the time, sadly).

I turn off the lights, i find a place to lie down and i prepare to travel into this mysterious land. The music connects with the innermost chords of my heart (sappy, i know). Secrets unravel themselves, confessions are loud, emotions glimmer and are found strewn all across my mind. I see my object of affection and i feel helpless, find a langauge in this song and its my solace. I hold on to the song. Why does love have to be so tragic sometimes, why does love have to make me so sad. It's speaking to me now, i lose myself to the song.....

"I might not be the right one
It might not be the right time
But there's something about us I've got to do
Some kind of secret I will share with you

I need you more than anything in my life
I want you more than anything in my life
I'll miss you more than anyone in my life
I love you more than anyone in my life"

1 comment:

Small Miracle said...

i hope you never lose the Music in your life!